Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Call me Betsy

During the labour day long weekend, we decided to train Ali to sleep through the night. Well, not exactly training her, just not waking her up in the middle of the night to feed her. In other words, let her wake me up to feed instead. The first three days were just wonderful. Ali slept from 11 pm to 4:30/5:30 am. Absolutely great. For the first night, I got up at 4 am feeling wide awake and rested up (I guess I have not slept for 5 hours straight for 6 weeks.) Unfortunately, this kind of happiness did not last long. In the past three days, Ali has been waking up at 2:30/4:30/7:30 to feed. I hope this is because of her grow spurt, but right now I feel like I am a milk machine.


A picture of Betsy, Ali and the Mooer:



We also had a few friends visiting us from time to time. One of the most common questions seem to be, "How many diapers did you guys go through?" Because my brain seemed less functional than before, I want to put the numbers in my blog just so that I can relive the moment years later. In the few seven weeks, we went through:
~234 newborn diapers + 300 size 1 diapers. That translates to ~11 diapers/day. Damn those diaper companies!!! They are stealing our money!!!

Look at those dirty diapers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment