Friday, November 16, 2012

Nate's first week of daycare

Nate started gradual transition the week before I went back to work.  Ali was super hyped that baby bro was going to be in the same school.  She has been talking about this for quite some time and I think she was more excited than Nate.  Haha.

My two babies in uniform!  


The first day was really nothing.  I was there the whole time playing with him.  He just wanted to explore and played with all the toys.  The only part that was a bit rough was the fact he needed two naps.  We didn't leave until 11 and by that time, Nate was pretty tired.



Tuesday was also only 3 hours long, with me staying next door.  He was not too bad either.  On and off crying because someone took his toy and that he was pretty tired. Nate also hated the outdoor hat and the extra layers.  He was crying so much when they were changing him.  The teachers eventually held him when they got to the playground and he was much happier.  As soon as I made eye contact with him when I went to pick him up, he cried so loud...poor baby!!



Wednesday was worse.  Baby boy didn't want me to leave.  He was crying so much that the teacher called me to pick him up early.  He was supposed to stay until 2 ish, but they called me at 1.  Nate didn't really sleep (only for about 40 minutes) and he was super, SUPER tired.  He was so incredibly upset that he refused to eat.  I fed him a little bit of food when we got home and he just passed out.  Poor Nate couldn't really keep his eyes opened!



Day 4 was supposed to be a full day (until 4).  I was so paranoid that the teachers were going to call that I checked my cell phone excessively (like every minute).  Finally, they called me around 10.  My heart almost stopped when I saw who was calling.  In my mind, I was thinking, "Really, really???  Nate can't even last until lunch time????"  The teachers told me Nate was really upset and they tried to let him take a morning nap, but he wouldn't.  Basically they were telling me, be prepared to pick him up after lunch.  I was fully anticipating the pick up call around noon, but they did not call!  I decided to go early, just so I could see him earlier and again, as soon as I walked in, he just lost it.  Apparently, he fell asleep in the stroller when they went out, so he was less cranky.  It also helped that I packed some cheese cubes for him and according to the teachers, that also helped to soothe him a bit.  Whew...we can do this!?!!

 

Massages for mommy and daddy were way overdue.  We actually wanted to get a body massage for quite some time now (remember the crazy Hong Kong trip?)  So hubby took half a day off and both of us sneaked out for a massage while the kiddies were in school.   I had to say Absolute Spa at Century Plaza Hotel was freaking AWESOME!!!  It could be because we were just so tired?  But really, it was really really nice.  We went to pick up the kids early and both had a decent day (well, an okay day for Nate, I guess)



We were so spoiled by Ali that we were expecting similar experiences with Nate.  Guess we can't be lucky twice.  That would not be fair, right?  Nate is definitely more clingy baby than Ali.  And he is definitely a mommy's boy.  I really really hope that my little man will get used to daycare soon.  With him staying home for the last week and a half, I really don't know how much he would cry.  


We were pretty sure he got sick from his friends at daycare.  (I saw one kid threw up multiple times on our first day there.  They called the parents to pick up the kid right away, but still, Nate was not able to dodge that bullet!)  I remembered Ali was sick so so often in her first year too.  I took so many days off.  Hopefully, Nate would be strong enough to fight off some the bugs now.  My dear baby boy, be strong and stop putting stuff in your mouth now!



Now, when should I schedule another massage??  :)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment