Friday, July 9, 2010

Sewing Project #1

Just like a friend of mine, I have had a strong urge to sew. Not that I am good at it, but I really NEED to sew. I think it is just my way to push off work a little longer. I don't know why I would sign up to teach Calculus next school year, but boy, is it tough to just crack open that book. I guess it is a good thing that I decided to do it now, rather than 5 years from now. From what I heard, you lose 10% of grey matter every time you give birth. If I ever have another kid, I would be that much dumber. Yup, it is a good idea to prep it earlier than later. See, I was 10% smarter, so much foresight. Amazing.

Since Ali's kai mama always give baby handmade dresses, hats and other knick knacks, I thought I could sew my Kiki and Hayhay a little zipper pouch. I am so glad I made them towel bunnies instead, so much more forgiving. The pouch that I made did not turn out that great. I could totally see my goddaughter asking her mom, "Mommy, what is this? Did Ali make this?" Or when she goes out with my pouch, other little ones may think she is carrying pieces of cloth.

Here is the finished project (don't laugh!):

This project cost more than just the fabric and the zipper. I ruined my iron (the felt melted on the iron). So sorry hubby!!

So after 4 months of procrastination, I have finally started and once I got into the groove, it is not TOO bad (still unbearable at times, especially, when you get to pick between a nap and work, it really is a no brainer). I am still working at a snail's pace, but at least I am going somewhere. Gan ba de, Y!

1 comment:

  1. Purse looks cute! I think you did a really good job.

    Note to the remaining 90% of your brain - only iron 100% wool felt. Craft felt (anything that costs less than $17 a yard) is basically made of plastic! I am not kidding!

    So what else are you sewing?

    ReplyDelete