Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another fun playdate!

In the last little while, reality starts to sink in. I am going back to work in a month and a half! What?? My 14 month maternity leave is coming to an end?? I have to go back to my old job of being terrorized by teenagers? On that note, I started to book as many play dates as I could, hopefully get to enjoy a few more moments of my own baby monster terrorizing me.

Meet my high school buddy Connie's sweet daughters, Mavis (15 months old) and Sylvia (3 years old):

As soon as Ali sat down, she made a bee line to the sisters' stash. No need to warm up to strangers, just give Ali toys and she is all good.

Sylvia: So this is the letter T. Just like the word toys, see. T for toys.
Mavis: Oooooh! My sister is so smart.
Ali: Aaa, are you done with that? Can I play with it now?
A: Hey, don't get too close. Mommy said you shouldn't tailgate. It's dangerous, you know.
M: Okay, I will move my ride. Man, that baby is scary. She has blood all over her mouth, she must be a biter! I must warn my sister!
A: Mavis is so gullible! That's cherry juice on my face, wahahaha!
The girls get along much better after we gave their "vehicles" a bit more space.

Connie, thank you so much for hosting!! Both Ali and I have had a great time! We gotta get together at least one more time before I head back to work! Hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, go ahead and call me slow... did you get a super short haircut? I thought you had a super layered do and you had your hair tied back or something... but it's actually that short? I don't remember you ever cutting your hair to that length! Looks good! Maybe I will now copy you. What else are you doing before you go back to work? I will copy everything except the prep part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are indeed kinda slow. I cut my hair...like 2 weeks ago? I have hair shorter than this back in university! Ali is just too hot and she always wants a taxi ride from me. Boo!! Can't wait til she can walk! Short hair is SOOOO much better and cooler!! Prep, sew, play dates, music classes, lunch with friends...that's pretty much it. Start prepping, you slacker!

    ReplyDelete