Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Feeling Crafty - Part 2

I have always wanted to make some decorations for Ali's room. Her room is bare and I feel so guilty, especially when I go to visit my friends' babies room. They are all so well decorated and they truly feel like a baby nursery. After I finished the crepe roses, I finally embarked on my next craft journey. I can't remember where I have seen it (probably from a magazine or a blog), but I remember someone drew whimsical pictures, framed them and put them in their babies' room. Since I am not very good at drawings, I copied the rubber stamp images (I am a big stamp collector), enlarged and decorated. The Twinkling H2O is just gorgeous. I tried to capture the shimmering effect by taking the picture at an angle, but no luck. If you have never tried it, do yourself a favor and try it. Or at least get a demo from the store (or you can ask me, I will be happy to show you!).

I was surprised to see how good they look (at least I think so!) and how easy this project was. When my friends saw them, they were curious to know what colouring medium I used. So for each picture, I listed all the media that I used, hopefully it will be easier for whoever wants to attempt and make a few pictures themselves.

1. The flower stand (Twinkling H2O, Sakura glaze, Sakura souffle)

2. "Did you hoot?" (Twinkling H2O, Sakura glaze, diamond glaze glue)

3. Japanese doll (Twinkling H2O, Sakura glaze, eye shadow palette)
4. I love upcakes (Twinkling H2O, Sakura glaze, Sakura souffle, liquid pearls, glitter)

After I finished the pictures, I put them in Ikea frames (bright colours and cheap!). And when I saw the acetate, I was dumbfounded. Why would they put a big IKEA logo on the front of the acetate?? What are they trying to do?? That would ruin my pictures!!!! Thanks to my smart husband, he figured out that there are films on the front and back of the sheet that can be peeled off. Silly me! (I swear I have checked and tried to scrap them off, but I couldn't!!!) To commemorate my stupidness, I decide to take a picture of them.

Here is the group picture of my work. Super fun and easy! I love it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment