Saturday, April 10, 2010

Don't read this if you are afraid of baby's poop. You have been warned.

Reading her favourite stories in my bed and singing a few nursery rhymes are part of the bedtime ritual before we bathe Ali at night. Like any other night, after Ali played on the exersaucer for a little while, I picked her up and started with her night time activities. I knew she pooped and I told hubby, "It's okay. We are going to bathe her in 10 minutes anyways. I will just put a diaper cloth to line our bed, just in case."

As Ali is having more and more solids, her poop is getting more and more solid too. She has not have a leak for a long time now. I thought (silly silly mommy) her poop can't be that bad, but man, I was so SO wrong. After we have finished our bedtime reading, I picked her up and I noticed her back was a little wet. I was thinking, man, this girl is so sweaty. When I looked in the mirror. Holy. Oh mother. OH. MY. GOD. ANDERS, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby came and wanted to take a picture. I thought to myself, "Yeah, sure, no big deal. I have seen all those crazy leaks. It's going to be okay." Notice that I am still smiling. I quickly put her on the change pad and took off her sleeper and man, the poop consistency was definitely different than before. Imagine oatmeal. Anyways, I passed the sleeper to hubby so that he can soak it right away to get rid of the stain, meanwhile I tried to clean baby the best I could. In her past leaks, there wasn't too much poop left in the diaper, having most of them being squeezed out already, but this time...oh gosh, I guess she must be teething or the food not sitting right? I don't know. There was still plenty. And I mean PLENTY.

Being in total shock, I was trying to think of the best way to do this. The back first or the butt first? How about that nasty diaper? At this time, I heard my hubby laughing hysterically in the basement. What on earth was he doing? What's so funny? Oh and before I continue with this story, you have to know that Ali has this killer diaper rash on the side that she loves to scratch. Okay, back to the story, as I was wiping her butt, she decided to scratch the rash, but she missed and scratched her butt instead. Great. Now I have to deal with the poop in her hands. Just awesome. All I need is for her to suck on her fingers and I would just die there on the spot. So I cleaned her hands, then butt, then back and put her straight to her bath. Whew!

I am sorry I have to be so descriptive. This post is for you Ali. Read this when you are 16. Know how much crap your parents have to put up with. Literally.

1 comment: