Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nap training

We have finally started to train our baby girl to take naps on her own. She always wants to be held while she naps. You can't put her down on her crib even if she fell asleep. She will wake up right away and start to cry until you pick her up again. Needless to say, my days are not very productive because I am always holding her in my arms and she naps 3-4 times a day.

Daddy reading to baby:


I have been reading various different forums online (thank goodness for the internet, I don't know if I will be able to survive without it) and most of them suggest that it seems to work when you stimulate a night time environment. So the day before Halloween, we decided to give it a shot. I put Ali in her sleep sac and closed all the blinds. She only fussed for a few minutes and fell asleep. I was very impressed with her first day. She had had four naps, but they were quite short (less than 45 minutes). The second day did not work out that well. Maybe it's because of the firecrackers, she was not able to nap much. The last few days are not too bad. I am glad to say I have been "hands-free" for more than one week now!! Yay!


Look, I can fit my fist in my mouth!! Can you do that?

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with Anders and Ali. She looks interested and he looks so happy to be with her. Picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete