Friday, November 27, 2009

Baby eczema - Round 2!

Last week, Ali's baby eczema started to flare up again. It was a little daunting for me to accept since I thought our eczema problem was slowing going away. *sigh* I tried very hard to figure out the cause of this flare up. Was it the ice cream? Or the sofa bed cover in her room? Or was it Sam's hair? What did I do differently that cause her rash to reappear? And the culprit was the portable heater!

"OMG, what happened to my beautiful skin???"

It was getting quite chilly in the past few weeks and I thought it would be a great idea to put a heater in her room to warm it up a bit. WRONG!!!! Her eczema started to flare up like mad and it just would not go away! After I turned it off for a few days and laid a think layer of antibacterial cream, her skin has improved significantly!

My aunt recommended Vaseline creamy - Problem skin therapy and it worked even better than Aveeno baby eczema cream AND it's much cheaper too! Score!! The great thing about the Vaseline creamy is that it works well on her body and her face, while Aveeno only works well on her body. Cetaphil is good too, but it is not as rich as the Vaseline creamy. Good call, Aunt Marie!

"Thank you mommy! I look much prettier now! Yay!"

2 comments:

  1. Ali looks a lot like you in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?? She does?? I still can't tell who she looks like. Sometimes I do see a little bit of my mom and sometimes, Anders. It's weird, but sometimes, I see my two brothers in her too. So bizarre!

    ReplyDelete