Monday, August 16, 2010

Snoopy and me


Remember these Snoopy items from a few weeks ago? I have been warned by other moms that I must get two of the same lovey, otherwise, good luck with the melt down as the toy deteriorates into little pieces of rags. Lucky me that Uncle Peter was in Tokyo for a business trip and lucky me again that he is ALSO a big fan of Snoopy, he went to pick up two dolls and a whole bunch of knick knacks for this crazy sister of his.


Everybody knows (even my students know!) I am obsessed with Snoopy (and Peanuts too!) and it is one of my dreams to decorate my room with Snoopy plush toys and other Snoopy products. When we first got married, I told my hubby about this dream of mine and all I got was a small, Snoopy corner. Sad. I made up my mind at that point that I am going to make my kids LOVE Snoopy as much as I do so that I can have an excuse to buy more Snoopy stuff and hubby can't do nothing about it! Hahaha, I am an evil genius!!!


Although I had the dolls for a week or two, I kept delaying the time to introduce Ali to the toys. At first, I wanted to give one to her on her birthday, but then I postpone it until the following week while things are a little calmer (she got so many toys for her birthday) and then the next week... The reason why I kept on postponing is because, well, I just love the dolls too much. Ali drools like mad and she is just going to ruin my poor Snoopy!!!! But since Uncle Peter kept on calling and ask how Ali liked the Snoopys, I guess I couldn't push it any further.


My grand plan is working well and I must give some credit to hubby too, since he does try to "make" Ali play with the doll. After playing with it for a week, she now knows who "Snoopy" is. We usually leave Snoopy in the play pen and every now and then, Ali would point to it or she would crawl up to the play pen and stare at it for a little while. So cute!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment