Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mommy's play date

Mommy does not have a chance to work on her cards for a LOOOONNNGGG time! Let's see...the last time I worked on cards was early July - when I was prepping for Ali's one-month banquet invitations. It has been FOUR MONTHS!! So, when Mish and her friend Gucci invited me to a card-making session, my response was like, "Hell yeah!"

We went to Gucci's friend's (Tracy) house and oh my, our jaws just dropped! Her craft room is SOOOO nice!! It's my dream craft room. She has boxes and boxes of stamps, punches, and many other tools. The one that impressed us the most is, of course, the Big Shot! I have heard of one, but never seen it in action. So cool!

I was so overwhelmed with all these cool toys that I had a hard time figuring out what I should do. Mish and Gucci were a lot more productive. They figured out what kind of Xmas card they wanted to make and they started on it pretty much right away, while I was just staring around, mesmerized, trying to take it all in - very much like a kid in a candy store. In the end, I decided to just try out a few stamps and her fancy die cut.

This is our favourite cut. This particular die cut is so versatile - you can use it as a frame or as a background. Nice!!!

I have always wanted to try out the Twinkling H2Os (it's like shimmering water colour). Tracy has a perfect stamp that I can use as the focus of the card and then I am planning to apply the twinkling H2O as the background at home.


I was hoping to do more cropping and stamping, but baby just wouldn't hear any of it. Ali cried and cried, so we have to leave early. BOOOO.... Well, at least I get to try out the Big Shot. *sigh* As soon as I stepped out of the house, baby stopped crying. What on earth!! I'll definitely have to go back to Tracy's some time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment