Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Early Christmas Present - from Ali with love

For the last few days, baby Alison's sleeping pattern and behaviour seemed to have changed. She is definitely more alert and awake for longer stretches. One unwelcome change is that Ali seemed to go from "I am awake and happy" mode to "I am really cranky and tired, so give me my nap now, damn it!" mode rather quickly. Perhaps, a little too quick for mommy sometimes. Ali would be smiling a minute and then started crying (seemed to me at that time, for no reason at all). Poor mama (after a few minutes) realized that baby is tired and wants her nap NOW.

Does baby have a switch in her little brain of hers? I guess she must. At least that's how I feel sometimes (actually very often these days).

The wonderful new change that I am VERY excited about is that Ali has been sleeping for 11-12 hours straight. Yup, no feeding and getting up in between. This is probably not going to last long and maybe it is just a phase that she will grow out of....mmm...tomorrow?? But I gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Who knows? Maybe it is Ali's way of thanking Mama for doing a good job in taking care of her?! Maybe it is her way of giving mommy her early Christmas present?!

Ali's milkdrunk face:


From the side, doesn't she look like a block of tofu?

No comments:

Post a Comment