Saturday, August 25, 2012

Circut time!

Wanted to blog about my cricut for quite some time now.  I saw this awesome deal during Black Friday last year and decided to upgrade from my little cricut to a big girl cricut.  Check it out, isn't it super stylish??  (Sorry, I am just so so in love with my machine!!)


Last year has been super crazy with our second child, I really didn't have any time to play with it until my friend's baby shower.  I saw a super cool baby art and it inspired me to make one myself.  It turned out quite well and I really wanted to make one for my kids too.  Oh right, I meant to make it, but it completely escaped my mind!  Crazy mommy brain.  Alright, I will add room-decor-art to my to do list.


I made another baby art - "a school of fish" for yan yan's birthday (Ali's bff):


Kai mama got two cricut cartridges for my birthday this year - which then reminded me that the princess cartridge that I bought for Kiki a year ago.  I have always wanted to make her a paper doll to play with.  Now, I finally have a chance!  Sorry that my pic is upside down.  The puffy dress is for Kiki and the other one is for Ali.


I really wanted to make clothes for my kiddies, but I suck at sewing.  The best I could do was to make dolls, towels and bags (pretty pathetic ones).  Last time I was at Joann's, I bought some fabric paint and a few 6-9 month onesies - hoping I would be able to make some cute outfit for Nate and his friends.  



When I started to work on the tees, Nate is already 8 months.  Time just flew by without me knowing.  Anyhow, went to Walmart to get onesies for Nate and tees for Ali.  Outfits for some summer fun!

Ali's whale shirt:

Nate's crab shirt:

My godchildren saw them and wanted to wear one too.  They each picked a design that they liked.  Hayden chose a goldfish that resembles his "rocket" for his shirt and Kiki picked a unicorn (of course!) for her dress.  Too bad I don't have any good pictures of my "products".

It is almost back to work time (only 2 more months left) and before I have to put away my cricut, I thought I would go crazy and make a few more tees.  In case anybody is interested, here is how I made the shirts:

1.  Pick a design and cut it out using your cricut.  I used "Create a Critter" cartridge for these tees.


2.  Tape the "frame" of the cutout on the shirt.  


3.  Colour the design using the fabric paint.  Make sure you remove the paper right after you finish painting and don't wait until it is dry to remove the paper.  I did that when I first started and the paper would stick to the design as it dried and it was REALLY difficult to take it out after.



4.  Wait until the paint dries and keep on working on the different layers.  For the pink dino, I tape the cutout back on the tee and then paint the spots on the body and lastly, the eyes and mouth.  The pink dino is pretty easy to do.  I made a T-rex one for Nate and that one was a bit more cumbersome.



Two more shirts for the baby cousins.  It is actually quite fun to make (and a bit addicting!).  I totally recommend this cartridge - an awesome buy!

 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment