Thursday, August 9, 2012

9 months update

I meant to write a 8 months update for Nate, but things just got so crazy that I kept pushing it back.  Here comes the 9 months update!


My little boy is growing so so so fast!  Sorry, I should say, rolling so so so fast!  Nate has gained much mobility in the past two months.  The fight for the toys officially begins in the Lam household.  Ali loves her baby bro, but at times, she would hoard the toys and put them on the couch so baby Nate could not lay his hands on them.


When Nate sees a new toy or anything that is curious about, he would creep (army crawl) to it really fast.  He is able to use his legs to help him too (but still not a proper crawl yet).  He is like an energizer bunny.  Even if I stick out my leg to block him, he would just keep on rolling!  His favorite toy is my elmo slippers.  He always tries to get them whenever I am not looking!  He can switch easily from belly to the sitting position and vice versa.


Everything Nate can get a hold of, he will just stick it into his mouth.  And I mean everything!!!  He LOVES his shakers.  We had to really watch him with the shakers because sometimes he likes to put the pointy end in his mouth.  He has 8 teeth.  EIGHT!!  


His all-time-favourite is....SOPHIE the giraffe.  Nate is a really busy baby - Sophie in his mouth, and toys in his hands.  Doesn't this picture remind you of a little puppy?  Go advance pet!


Nate is not as crazy about books as Ali, for sure.  He does like to look at pictures from time to time, but he does not have the patience to listen to me reading it.  Nate wants to "eat" it instead.  According to Nate, books are quite yummy.  He also protests quite a bit if you take his toy away.

 

Nate is not as vocal as Ali.  He still has not say "mama" and "dada" yet, which makes me a bit worried.  I hope he will learn to talk soon.  My little guy definitely knows his name tho.  He will respond to his name when called and sometimes, he will even wave to say bye-bye.  Baby knows simple commands and signs.  He also likes to check with me whenever he is getting something he is not supposed to get.  For example, we have a little tent (filled with books) in our little room.  Before he crawls in there, he will look at me first before he crawls in.  Actually, he will just crawl in regardless.  If I encourage him, he usually smiles before he proceeds, but if I say no to him, he will just crawl a bit faster.  Hahaha...silly baby!

 
Eating solids is still a main concern for us.  Nate is a terrible eater.  I don't know why, but he seems not too interested in food.  Even when he was a tiny baby.  He always clamped his lips really tight when we tried to feed him.  Lately he is a bit better, but still has a long way to go.  He is learning to drink formula from a cup, but he only drinks about 2 oz (at the most).  Still a long way to go before I can wean him off.  As of this week, we tried to feed him solids 3 times a day.


Feeding Nate made me realize how lucky we were to have Ali as our first baby.  She is such a great eater!  Not as much nowadays, but still eating generally pretty well compared to a few of her friends.  Baby weighs 8 kg and is 72 cm in length.  Nate-nate, eat more so that you can grow up to be a big, tall boy!  Mommy doesn't want you to be a little shrimp!!! 



We followed Ali's sleep schedule religiously when she was a baby, but not so much for Nate.  Poor boy has to revolve around his big sister's school/class schedule.  He still naps 3 times a day, although his naps are not that long (from 30 minutes to a little over an hour).  Nate goes to bed around 8:30 and I usually feed him around 11 and then again at 5 in the morning.  He gets up around 7-8 in the morning.  I think he can sleep in a bit longer in the morning, but Ali makes too much noise when she gets up!!

I am really glad that I kept a blog for the two kids.  I have such terrible memory that I don't remember what I did yesterday.  Occasionally, I would reread my old posts on Ali's first year development to refresh my mind as to what and how I overcome some of Ali's "growing pains".  I hope I will have the stamina to continue to blog.  Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment