Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baking time

Taking care of two kids at home turned out to be less crazy than I anticipated.  I was totally stressed out over this back in December.  But after spending two weeks with the kids over Christmas break, I was less worried.  The past two weeks with the two was not that bad.  Well, I do feel really bad for ignoring my baby boy on Ali's day off.  I tried to make it up to him by spending more quality time with him on the other days.  I find the real challenge is to think of things to do to engage Ali.  To be honest, I don't think I am doing a good job, but it's the best I can do at the moment.  Hopefully, things get a little better when Nate sleeps for longer stretches at night.

On Ali's day off, we usually go to music or dance class.  Library is another one of our favourite hang out spot.  Can't wait until it is a little warmer when we can all go to the park (still a bit cold for Nate).  One of our favourite past time is baking.  Ali loves being a little chef and helps out in the kitchen whenever she can.  This time I solicit her help to make oatmeal raisin cookies and banana bread.

Ali mashing the bananas:

A:  "Hmmm....still too chunky, gotta work on it a bit more."

After we finished baking, Ali offered to be my QC.  She gave the cookies thumbs-up!!  =)  Cookies and milk, you just can't beat this dynamite duo!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment