Wednesday, October 20, 2010

#11

There are times I hated my job, but there are times, I really do love it, especially my sick days and my extended health. Ali caught a cold from her friend on the Thanksgiving weekend. While she recovered rather quickly, she got sick again Friday night. At 2 in the morning (and why do these kinds of things always happen in the middle of the night???), she started crying like she was in pain and when I ran to her room to hold her, she threw up in my arms. Nice. Real nice. Her puke was all over me and she started to lean on my shoulder after too. Gosh, I felt so sorry for her.

Being an inexperienced mom (for a toddler), I immediately called hubby to give me a hand. Ali was burning up really bad too. We tried giving her some water and she just couldn't keep it down. Oh and almost forgot about the shakes. So then we rushed to ER and after waited for an hour and threw up the third time, we finally got the doctor to check on Ali. Unfortunately, Ali had to endure tylenol up the other way, since she just couldn't swallow anything at that point and the fever was just too high. She was shaking from time to time because of the high fever and man, it was the WORST thing I have ever experienced. Hubby and I would give anything to relieve her pain.

Thank goodness, her fever came down the next day and she was almost back to her regular self - just really congested and have a few coughs. I took Monday off. I am so glad that I have so many sick days lined up. Not to be bragging, but who can say they have 70+ sick days left?? Mind you, I have already used up 3 because of Ali, but hey, it's all good!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are bragging about your sick days and yes, it is very scary watching your kid be sick. Kira never shook when she was feverish but Hayden is a shaky kid. I was so worried the first time he shook. I've never seen it with the first kid so I automatically think he must be super sick. Turns out his fever was not even very high, he's just shaky.

    Hope Ali is feeling better. Enjoy your sick days. I couldn't take a day off even when all four of us were sick!

    ReplyDelete