Friday, December 16, 2011

Welcome to the world, Nate!

There is always a reason for not blogging.  This time is because my baby boy is born!  

Again, this is more like a diary for my children (man, totally not used to writing the word, children!), so here is  a quick recap on the labour.  Contractions started around 1 pm on the 8th (there goes my dream of having the baby on the 11th!) and it was quite irregular.  Coincidentally, my hubby told me there was a really important meeting from 2 to 4 pm that day and that's the only thing he wouldn't want to miss.  All other days that week was just fine.  Terrific.  I was trying so hard not to call him and I finally called him at 4.  During this painful waiting period, I had to rope my mom in, just in case, I needed to go to the hospital right away.  We were joking that it would be great if my regular contractions start after Ali went to bed and baby listened!!  (this is how we know Nate will listen to us!  Ali, on the other hand...)

We went to the hospital at 10 and learning from my mistake last time (stupid narcotics, made me nauseous!), I opt for epidural.  And of course, it didn't happen until 1:30pm when I was in some serious pain.  It just so happened that there were some meteors or some kind of planetary things happening that day and there were 6 other people in the maternity ward (it's a big deal for a small hospital!) so the anesthesiologist was stuck in the operating room for a long time.  I guess I am still very thankful that she came, because she did mine and had to go back to the OR for another C-section.  I was able to sleep for an hour before the true labour came.    And lucky me, my OBGYN was on call that day and came in right after performing a C-section.  Labour was super fast, like 3 sets of pushes and the baby came out in 15 minutes.

Ali was a little scared of the hospital and was really nervous when she came to see me in the morning, crying the whole time.  We are lucky that she still had daycare to go to.  She really needed her routine and being in a familiar place with familiar people around her.  I was in the hospital for only one night and I got discharged.  When Ali came to visit the baby at night, she was a lot happier and was excited to see her baby bro!  Boy, it melts my heart whenever I see the two together!


Recovery is good.  Tummy shrunk a little faster than last time, but man, the cramps were crazy!!  I didn't know that the more children you have, the more intense the contractions.  Apparently, Mother Nature knows that our body needed to work extra hard to shrink the uterus back as you have more kids (that flabby tummy of mine!)  Another reason why I shouldn't have another baby.  I am so done!!!  Baby is nursing well and pooping well!  We are doing well!!


Nate loves heat.  He likes to be wrapped with a million blankets and swaddled.  The hospital was really warm and I thought one blanket would do it, but he wanted two extra blankets!  He couldn't sleep otherwise!  What a funny fellow!  Ali, on the other hand, hates heat.  She loves to be naked and sadly, she still does!  Nate cries like mad when we take off his clothes or bathe him.  His dada had to use a warm water bottle to warm up his blankets and bassinet first before he tucked him in!!  Talking about devotion and love!


"My crazy mommy forced me to take these weird naked pictures.  It's so cold.  Brrrrr........."

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment