Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or treat!

I tried pretty hard to look for a good costume for Ali, but all the costumes for 2 and above seemed a little too flimsy.  Getting desperate, I tried to look up DIY costume ideas online and found one that I know my little girl would like - baa baa sheep!  Here are the materials that I used - old pillow cover, black felt, a lot of cotton balls and some fabric glue.


The sheep costume was not difficult to make at all, but it was difficult for me to get the right size for Ali (in terms of the hat).  Man, she has a huge head.  It took me 3 tries to get it right.


The finished product.  


We were invited to our friends' halloween party on the weekend and Ali LOVED her sheep costume.  As a special treat, we let her bring her lovey with her.  A baa baa sheep holding another baa baa sheep!  Priceless!

 

Nolan dressed up as Wolverine, Allison dressed up as a ladybug and baby Adrian dressed up as an adorable tiger.


The kids had a lot of fun running around the house and hiding little pumpkins.  Good game, Auntie Anita!


I had a lot of fun holding baby Adrian in my arms.  This kid is smart.  He kept on staring at me and smile.  Gosh, how could I say no to that cute little face!!!


Today, Ali's daycare held a halloween party for the kids.  I would like to stay in her teacher's good books so I let Ali wore a low maintenance costume - Abby Cadabby.  Seriously, I am pretty sure the teachers would hate me if I let the little one wear the sheep outfit to school.  Those cotton balls kept on falling off and I am sure the kids would love to touch the cotton balls too.


Kissing daddy goodbye in the morning.


The party started shortly after their nap.  Here is Isla the mouse:

Sophia as buzz lightyear:


And the rest of the group:


After her party, we took Ali trick or treating.  This is her first time going around asking for candies (instead of us carrying her).  She had so much fun!!



Ali in action:
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful all pictures and cute kids . really fantastic this post and good family.

    ReplyDelete