Sunday, September 26, 2010

Working mom

Going back to work has been painful, partly because I really, really missed Ali, but the main reason is work itself. Teaching is not bad, but everything else is just not that great.

After I went back to work, I started to show more appreciation for working parents. Man, it is so very difficult to balance work, life and baby. (Gosh, and I only have one, how do people handle 2 or more kids??? Seriously?) Basically, I start my day at 7 am, feed Ali breakfast, get her ready and we leave for daycare by 8. I drop Ali and her dad off at daycare. Daddy bring her inside and I go to work. School finishes at 3:07 and I try to wrap everything up and rush out of school by 3:45, so I can pick Ali up by 4. By the time we get home, I give her some milk and let her nap for an hour or so. I usually try to take a break at that time and then off to prepare dinner. After Ali goes to bed at around 8:30, hubby and I will try to finish whatever household chores we have to do and then I am off to work again. Yup, I don't get a chance to finish my work at school and usually I work until 11:30 and then I head to bed. I am so looking forward to the Thanksgiving long weekend!

Ali doesn't like to nap at school. For the longest time, we thought the other kids in her class woke her up. But it's actually the opposite. Hubby went to pick her up early one day and everybody is sleeping, except her. She was drawing on the desk and banging on the table with her other hand. Yup, my kid is the trouble-maker. Why wouldn't you sleep, my tofu princess?? Why??? She naps like mad on the weekends tho. I guess she is like a camel in a way, except she tries to stock up on zzzzz, so that she doesn't have to sleep and can maximize playtime at daycare?! What a weird little girl.

I feel really bad for not taking pictures these past three weeks. Here is a picture the teacher took at school:


One of her first artwork:


3 comments:

  1. ali drew a donkey playing soccer!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I'm SOOO not looking forward to going back to work, especially after reading your schedule.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mabel: you have REALLY good imagination. To me, it is just mmm...a mess?? Abstract, yes, very.

    Wendy: I know. And I am already better off compare to some of my other friends where they go home at 6/7 (but mind you, they don't have to do marking and the other prep that I have to do, but still.) Going home at 6/7ish? How long does the baby get to play with the parents before they have to go to bed??!!!!

    ReplyDelete