Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labour Day Long Weekend

I can't believe 14 months flew by...in a lightning speed!! At first I thought it is going to be long and boring and I would be so looking back to going to work again, but man, was I ever wrong! Hubby and I tried really hard to squeeze in a few more play dates before my sweet maternity leave comes to an end.

Ali's grandma really wanted to go to Steveston to buy salmon.

This is what the line up looks like:


Ali didn't really have the patience to wait, so I decided to take a walk with her. And funny enough, I bumped into my coworker, who was also accompanying her parents for the salmon sale. (Teachers really got nothing better to do in the summer, I guess!)


Ali's goo-ma is getting married this coming weekend and Aunt Marie suggested to move great-grand's birthday up a bit. We had a lot of fun chatting with the family and seeing the kids. Andrew and Caleb had great fun blowing the candles with great-grand!


Our good friend, Jackie and Dave, just had a baby girl. It's always a joy to see the birth of a child!! Welcome Maddie, welcome little one!


Anders is so in love with little Madeline!! We forgot how tiny newborns are! Just too cute!!!



While daddy was holding Maddie, Aunt Jackie played with Ali and kept her entertained by sharing Maddie's toys with her.
Ali is also very intrigued with their dog, Jake! He is such a good dog, very gentle to the two little ones. Ali was a little scared at first, but warmed up to Jake quickly and wanted to pet him.


It's no fun without food!! Our friends invited us over for a potluck dinner and boy, the dinner was AWESOME!!! There was so much food, SO MUCH FOOD!! Items include pulled pork sandwich (homemade pulled pork, can you imagine?), homemade corn muffins, biscuits, fried chicken, spam fried noodles (absolutely YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!), stew, butter chicken, etc. Hubby and I were busy stuffing ourselves and forgot to take pictures. Oops!!
Kaley and Ali crawled around after dinner:
Two happy dads and their cute daughters!
It was a fun-filled weekend. I am so gonna missed these happy times - carefree, no marking!! *sigh*
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment