Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ali's superpower

Ali's grandpa is quite peculiar. Whenever we had him over for dinner, he is usually the first one out the door. He does not like to make conversations - well, at least he is not the type that will initiate one. I mean, not that he doesn't like company, but he likes his routine, ie. TV, newspaper and books, way more. Anyways, the reason I am writing this is to illustrate how much he has changed so much since Ali was born.
During dinner, he would constantly "chat" with Ali. Grandpa would make funny faces (which I have no recollection of...at all! I don't even know if he has done that for me when I was little) to make Ali laugh. He would respond to her coos and giggles. Normally, he would be the first one to finish the meal, but when Ali is around, he is last one to finish his food. Mind you, he only eats very little food, but it takes him three times longer to finish his plate. Amazing. He wouldn't even want to leave. He wants to stay and chat and play with Ali while we run around trying to do some house chores. If you have never met my dad, you would think this is no big deal. But if you know my dad, oh my, this is just incredible. I mean, we are talking about someone who doesn't even want to go to his daughter's wedding. Little Ali is going to be soooo spoiled!!

Grandpa "talking" to Ali:
"Have you heard? Canada won 14 gold medals. Isn't that something, Ali?"
Grandpa and granddaughter:
They got the same smile - no teeth! LOL =)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. I seriously think your dad is looking younger! Good job, Super Girl!

    ReplyDelete