Thursday, February 11, 2010

Joining the Olympic fun - Part I

The Winter Olympics is starting real soon!! I thought what is better to do than to check out all the different cool Olympic related exhibits and memorabilia around downtown. It turned out to be a little bit of a disappointment. Maybe it is because we don't really know where to go, but the places that we checked out were not as exciting as I thought it would be.

Along Granville Street:

"Forest of Lanterns" - I don't want to be mean, but at first glance, I thought they are hanging some garbage on a pole. It turned out that those are paper lanterns and each lantern is decorated (pictures drawn) by an elementary school student. Too bad we were there in the day time. I am sure it will look pretty cool at night.
Again, another lantern crafted by a group in Taiwan.
A neat looking fish:
Um....I don't really know what it is, but it's unique, right?

What I really wanted to do, is to check out the Coca-Cola cafe. Yup, I am a big fan of Coke! It is way better than Pepsi and it is awesome! Although the cafe is much smaller than I anticipated.
Check out his cool Cola recycling container:
Ali will grow up to be a Cola girl too. She wants us to take a picture of her and our Coke bottle and she gives it a thumbs-up!
Our best man and his wife are in town and we all enjoyed a nice cold one in the Happiness cafe. Do you see that little box on the table? Well, there is a gold-coloured cola bottle in that box and they are selling it for $65!! It is a collectible item and they are only releasing 1000 of them. Nice, but really $65?? Are they crazy??
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment