Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Occupational hazard



During the past six weeks, both my husband and I had been working hard to make sure that Ali gained good health weight. Obviously, my job is to breastfeed and my husband job is to feed me and make sure that I am not dehydrated. I have to say we did quite an impressive job. We went to our family doctor on Tuesday and Ali has now reached 12 lb 2 oz (with clothes and diaper on)! Oh my! And she is only 6 weeks old! The doc said she is in the 90th percentile in terms of weight and 50th percentile in terms of height. We are so very proud of our little (actually, not that little) girl! One of our friend's girl weighs 12 lbs when she is 3 months old! Not to be bragging, but boy, are we proud! Unfortunately, this also brings in a series of problems for the new mom. In the past few days, my left shoulder started to hurt. It feels like I have just helped someone moved. It got better and then my left arm started to hurt and now my right arm. (It feels like I have been doing many reps of weights, my arms are super sore) I just might have to go for an acupuncture or acupressure session soon.

Look at those chubby arms and thighs!



Oops, you caught me linking my own fingers!

2 comments:

  1. We heard that you are also feeding Ali the spicy chicken wings from Costco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wanted a Michelin baby and now you need to train to be iron parents. :-) FYI, Hayden is still in the 90th percentile for weight. That translates to 28 pounds at 19 months. My sister was 20 pounds until she was 3 years old...

    ReplyDelete