Sunday, October 21, 2012

1st trip to HK (Part 2)

Nate only slept for 3 hours the whole time, so naturally, he passed out when we got back to por por's house.    Instead of sleeping, my boy decided to flirt with all the flight attendants on the plane.  Ali, on the other hand, woke up at 2:30 am.  Poor daddy.  The next night got better, it was 4 am.  Don't get me wrong, Nate was up all the time.  But I also had my secret weapon - nursing him to sleep!!  Oh yeah baby!  I know it is not a good habit, but that's the only way to keep the noise level down and get some quality sleeping time.  Of course, Nate LOVED the nursing part (he does not like bottles one bit!) and nursing to sleep, wow, that's like a dream came true for my little man.  I had to pay dearly for this.  More on sleep training later.

Ali "helping" por por with the chores:



Por por lives pretty damn far.  Like REALLY far.  We seldom went out (especially the kids were still very jet-lagged).  One of the favourite things to do was to go biking by the seaside.  My mom bought this crazy tricycle (she couldn't do a 2-wheeled one) and Ali just loved it!


Like I said, my mom really lived really far away from the city.  From where she lived, there are quite a few fruit trees.  Bananas and papayas, yum!


And pomelo!  Have you ever seen a pomelo tree?  This is my very time!  So cool!


After taking some pictures, it's mommy's turn to pedal.  Man, this thing is hard to steer, I tell ya!



People also drove all the way out here to enjoy BBQ and taking the boats out.


When we were biking, it happened to be low tide.  We got a chance to bring Ali out to take a look at the water.


Kids were usually SOAKED by around 10 am.  So hot!  (And people kept on telling me it's a lot cooler already!  Huh?!)  Whenever we can, we tried to give them a few baths a day.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment