Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nate - 6 months update!

Can't believe how fast time flew by!  Nate is already 6 and a half months now.  Where did the time go?  Seriously, if you asked me what I have done in the past few days, I still wouldn't be able to tell ya.  I guess the kids really kept me busy!



Nate is a pretty happy baby.  Loves to smile and laughs a lot.  He is a real flirt.  Loves to look at pretty ladies and tries to get their attention!  LOL.  He definitely got his temperament from his dad.  Chill and easy going.  Nate doesn't cry a lot, thank goodness!



Poor Nate does not get as much attention from us as his sister.  Maybe he knows he is still not going to get too much attention even if he cries.  My poor Nate!  He is easy to put to bed (he loves his crib!).  It is true that for the second baby, the parents are more easy going.  When we first had Ali, we would rush to her side if she cried.  But if Nate started to cry, both hubby and I would just adore his cuteness.  "Aww...he is crying...but he looks so cute!!"  Yes, we are mean parents.



Nate's bottom two teeth came out when he was four months old.  I am suspecting his top ones are coming out soon too because this little guy has been drooling excessively for the past few weeks.  Man, I can't keep up with the laundry!



Feeding is a bit of a challenge.  Nate is not a very good eater.  Well, no, I should say he is very easily distracted.  He is not crazy about  food.  If you let him pick between play or feed, it would be play for sure.  And when he is distracted, one bad habit of his is biting.  Ouch!  I have to train both my daughter and my hubby to be really quiet when I am feeding.  I have also learned that I can't wear any prints on my shirt.  I wore a nightgown with sheep prints on it one time and he started to bite me because he was more interested in the sheep than the feed.  What to heck!



Nate loves the rattle.  Actually, he likes any toys that he can lay his hands on.  His fine motor skills are developing nicely.  He can now pass object from one hand to the other.


One of his favorite pastime is playing with his fingers and toes.  Intriguing, aren't they?


Sophie the giraffe is one of his favourites.  Nate gets super excited when he hears the squeak.  I have learned that he does not bite as much if I let him chew on Sophie before I nurse.  Thanks, Sophie!



Another one of his favorites.  He loves pulling it and biting it too.




This little baby does not like to sit still.  Nate loves to bounce on my lap.  He also LOVES his jolly jumper and exersaucer.  I think he is going to be able to crawl/walk much earlier than Ali.  He is SO active!




He is also the most squirmy baby ever.  Nate just can't stay put and wiggles like a little fish.  It is often quite ifficult to hold him.  I can't imagine what life will be like when he becomes more mobile.  I am sure Ali would go crazy with Nate grabbing her toys.  



For now, they are best of friends.  Well, more like Nate sees Ali as his idol.  Whenever he starts to fuss, he would calm down right away when Ali comes to give him a hug.  Ali does love to check on her little brother every now and then to see if he is okay.  She is also super protective of him as well.  Not everyone is allowed to hold Nate because according to Ali, Nate is HER baby!  Having said that, Ali sometimes does get jealous of Nate and wants to monopolize her mommy.  Sometimes we will be able to reason with her, sometimes, we use bribe.  



Nate still needs to be fed once or twice at night.  This makes things a little harder for mommy.  I do want to cut down the number of feedings at night, but I am also worried about his food intake.  He does not drink too much milk.  We started solids a few weeks ago and boy, he just HATES it.  He will close his lips really tight and gags if any solids actually made it through.  So far we have tried rice cereal, avocado and green beans.  Maybe I should try something more sweet - like squash and carrots?  He is really hard to please!


i

Baby Nate does know how to get attention.  Look at his cute little pout!!  How can you say no to this adorable face!?



My two troublemakers.  Ali loves to hold hands with Nate.  So funny, these two!



Nate is a good baby.  I shouldn't be complaining, but...I was really hoping that he would be more like a Michelin baby (just like Ali).  Sadly, Nate is no where close to being a roly poly baby.  His weight (16 lbs 11oz) is between 10-25 percentile and height (27 inches) is between 50-75.  Baby, please please start eating solids!  Eat well, eat well my little dinosaur!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment