Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Side effects of a Michelin baby

God has granted my wish of having a Michelin baby. However, little did I know all the "side effects" that come with one.

1. Deep folds - Every morning, I spend quite a bit of time trying to clean all of Ali's folds. Man, you can find some pretty nasty stuff there.

2. Bye bye designer clothes - Grandma Maria bought Ali a nice outfit and her chubby arms just won't fit in the sleeves. Aunt Amy bought Ali another pretty outfit and her thunder thighs just couldn't get into her pants. Oops!

3. Sore arms and back - My arms and back are officially broken. When baby has her daily afternoon naps on me, my arms very, very numb and my back very, very sore. It is especially difficult when we give her baths - taking the slippery whale in and out of the bath. We also noticed that we put less and less water in the tub each time.

Not that I am complaining, I do love the fact that Alison is chubby...okay maybe except for the fact that she can't wear really stylish clothes. Oh well!

When we went to the doctor's to do the 2-month immunization, we found out that baby Ali was in her 97th percentile in weight (14lb 5.5 oz) and 80th percentile in height (59 cm). In typical Chinese culture, grandma said 97% is not good enough, why didn't she get 100%? Huh?

A more recent picture of baby:


Baby showing off her wonderful folds. Notice the strategic placed towel.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry but you really suck at "strategically" placing anything. While Ali is becoming more and more beautiful every time you post a picture, your posing her has not improved. Keep working at it, Mama Kirin Arms!

    ReplyDelete